Tuesday 11 October 2016

Illustration Course Week 2

My illustration group reconvened this monday evening for the second of our eight workshops. The group is really starting to gel now and its great to see increased confidence from everyone. As I mentioned in my last post, I've never really taught adults before, so I'm getting used to the different feel of adult education. The biggest difference is how eager to learn this group are! We're covering a lot of ground in these classes and each student filled between six and eight sketchbook pages over the course of a two hour class.

I've decided I'll try different media with each session and I'd initially planned to bring watercolour paints this week. I rethought this at the last minute and decided we'd use chalk and oil pastels instead. I also brought in some irregularly cut pieces of paper for the students to incorporate into their work. I thought this would give them a good opportunity to think about positive and negative space.




Here's some of the students hard at work.



And here's some finished work from the session!







No comments:

Post a Comment